Saturday, December 7, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


When I got to the Birch Street Nursing Home this morning, the first thing I did was give Mrs. Henley the new dress that Grandmother helped me sew. I know she liked it, because she exclaimed, "Oh my, I've never seen such large flowers before!" That was the high point of the day. Later in the morning, we held our second fire drill, and I was sad to find that this one took even longer than the one last week. It was fifty-two minutes before all the patients made it out to the front lawn. This was partly Mrs. Patterson's fault, because she insisted on gathering all of her possessions before leaving her room so that Mrs. Shimshack couldn't steal them. It was also partly due to Mr. Pearlman's tumble down the stairs in the panic after I yelled "Fire!" I hope they'll do better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment