Friday, December 6, 2019

A New Dress For Mrs. Henley


Today I came straight home after school to work on Mrs. Henley's new dress to replace the one that had been damaged during last month's fire at the Birch Street Nursing Home. Sewing the bed sheets together was more difficult than I had expected, so I went down to Grandmother's laboratory to ask for help. Grandmother had done such a great job on my cat costume a few years ago that I figured this project would be a piece of cake for her. I showed her the pattern I had drawn, and at first Grandmother thought I had made a mistake, that Mrs. Henley could not possibly be that large. But once I assured her of Mrs. Henley's size, Grandmother and I got to work on the dress, and we had it finished in very little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment