Saturday, June 15, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today at the Birch Street Nursing Home the new patient Mrs. Macmillan was causing trouble, and without even meaning to. Mr. Pearlman was the first to complain about her, ranting, "Mrs. Macmillan doesn't listen to a single word I say." A little later, Mrs. Henley came to me, nearly in tears, and said, "I was in the middle of telling Mrs. Macmillan a story about my childhood friend Betty when she just got up and walked away." Even Mr. Matthews began complaining, saying, "All she does is wave her hands at me, making obscene gestures." It took some time to explain to the patients that Mrs. Macmillan is completely deaf. Being partially deaf themselves, I had to repeat this several times. By the end of the day, I was exhausted, so when Mrs. Patterson came up to me wanting to talk about her stolen brooch again, I told her to go tell the story to Mrs. Macmillan.

No comments:

Post a Comment