Saturday, April 20, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today the patients kept me busy at the Birch Street Nursing Home. When I arrived, Mr. Pearlman was waiting for me in the activity room. I noticed that Sniffles The Fifth was nowhere near him. Mr. Pearlman told me he had heard that I'd written a letter for Mrs. Lowe, and wanted me to do the same for him. The letter he had me write was a complaint letter addressed to the agency that provides his seeing eye dogs. He had me relate the story of Sniffles The Fifth getting loose, including the part where he fell down the stairs during the dog's absence. He also mentioned that he fell again a day later after tripping over the dog, and that when he went to reprimand the dog for getting underfoot, it bit him. While I was writing that letter, yet another patient, Mrs. Henley, noticed and asked for my help in writing to a childhood friend of hers, a girl named Betty. Mrs. Henley couldn't remember Betty's address or last name, so I just wrote "Betty" on the envelope. I slipped both letters into the mailbox on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment