Saturday, April 13, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


When I arrived at the Birch Street Nursing Home this morning, Mrs. Lowe was pacing in the activity room, and staring out through the windows. The moment she saw me, she took me by the arm and told me the letter to her son must have gotten lost in the mail and she needed my help in writing a second one, since her hand was again shaky and she still hadn't located her eye glasses. When we finished the letter, she asked me to mail it right away. Because of that, I was late getting to the list of chores left by the head nurse. When I did finally look at it, I noticed a new task: "Get Mrs. Lowe back upstairs where she belongs!"

Today marked the first anniversary of my employment at the Birch Street Nursing Home. The head nurse has kept me quite busy this past year, but has rewarded my efforts. After spending some of my earnings on laboratory supplies, candy and a candle for Mrs. Chang's grave, I have nearly five hundred dollars saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment