Saturday, March 16, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today at the Birch Street Nursing Home I took a long lunch break and walked to the police station to see if there was an update in the Mrs. Shimshack case. It had been two weeks since the authorities dug up her body to get a hair sample to see if it matched those found at the crime scenes. Before I left, I gave the patients an extra helping of medicine so that they would nap straight through the time I was gone. But when I arrived at the station, the policeman behind the desk had no idea what I was talking about, and had never heard of Mrs. Shimshack. He told me that the police were not even working on any museum burglary cases. When I returned to the Birch Street Nursing Home, more puzzled than before, I found that Mr. Oliveras had woken up and accidentally stepped on a mousetrap at the top of the staircase, causing him to fall. He was lying on the floor at the base of the stairs, still trying to remove the trap from his foot, when I arrived. I spent the rest of the afternoon making a batch of my special cupcakes to help him feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment