Monday, October 12, 2015

Fanny Mail: A Manufacturer's Recall


Hi, Kiddies! Yesterday I received an email from Amy Blanchard of Dallas, Texas. Amy writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, recently I learned of a manufacturer's recall of the car seat we've been using for little Tina. My husband and I are very busy, and it would be such a hassle to return to the store. Besides, the seat seems to be working fine, and it took us a long time to find one that matches our car's upholstery. Are we under any legal obligation to abide by the recall?"

Well, Amy, the recall is the company's way of covering itself should something go wrong. So, no, you are under no obligation to abide by it. If you haven't had any troubles with the car seat thus far, and time is an issue, I say stick with what you've got, especially if you like the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment