Monday, October 6, 2014

Fanny Mail: A New Message From Agnes


Hi, Kiddies. In August I received an email from Agnes Whitaker of Poughkeepsie, New York. Agnes had a question about getting her new cat to wear her old cat's fur. Well, today I received another email from Agnes. She writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I wanted to thank you for your excellent advice. I sewed my new cat into the coat made from the old cat's fur, as you suggested, and it has ceased its attempts to remove it. However, the cat refuses to clean the fur as if it were its own. A month has passed, and the fur is no longer as soft as it was, but now is matted and dirty. How can I get the cat to clean the fur?"

Agnes, if the cat hasn't accepted responsibility for cleaning the fur by now, it seems unlikely that it will. So you'll want to have that fur cleaned professionally. I know this isn't what you hoped for, and you'll have to sedate the cat again when sewing the coat back on, but you'll be pleased with the results. To keep from having to repeat this process on a regular basis, be sure to keep your cat properly stored. That way its fur will remain clean. Take a moment to revisit the special "Cat Storage" episode of my wonderful program, Grandmother Winsome's Variety Minute, for specific instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment