Saturday, July 18, 2026

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today at the Birch Street Nursing Home, I spent most of the morning working on the robot seeing dog for Mr. Pearlman. In the box of parts that Grandmother had donated to this project, there was a motor and a battery. I began there, connecting the two with a portion of the heap of wires Grandmother had also included. I was so excited when the motor began to hum, and I wanted to continue working. But right then the patients started calling for me. It sounded like an emergency, but it was an argument over the poker game. Both Mrs. Kunkle and Mrs. Macmillan had ten-high straights, and Mrs. Macmillan was arguing that because her ten was a spade and Mrs. Kunkle's was a heart, that she was the winner. Mrs. Lieberman normally rules on these disputes, but apparently she had been in the bathroom for more than twenty minutes and the other patients were eager to get on with the game. So it was left to me to rule that Mrs. Kunkle and Mrs. Macmillan had to split the pot evenly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment