Saturday, November 18, 2023

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today at the Birch Street Nursing Home I continued my experiment to help Mrs. Patterson stop talking about the dead Mrs. Shimshack. I double-checked the setting on the machine to make sure it was at medium high, and was very careful not to bump into it. I didn't want a repeat of what happened last week. I asked some of the other patients if Mrs. Patterson had mentioned Mrs. Shimshack during the week, and they told me that mostly she talked about her head being on fire. I marked that down as inconclusive. Mrs. Patterson didn't want to go into the basement today, and said she wasn't feeling good. But after I told her that I would have to start the whole experiment over if we lost another week, she agreed to go with me. This wrapped up the four-week course of treatment. Before I left, I gave each of the other patients a chart to mark down any time Mrs. Patterson mentions Mrs. Shimshack, and will check with them weekly over the next month to see how successful the experiment was.

No comments:

Post a Comment