Monday, May 29, 2023

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home: Memorial Day Edition


As I promised the patients on Saturday, today I took them on a picnic. I used the $650 I won in the poker game to buy lots of food and drink. I also got one of the school bus drivers, who had the day off, to drive everyone to the park in exchange for a hundred dollars and all the hot dogs he could eat. Boy, were the patients surprised when I showed up at the Birch Street Nursing Home this morning in a school bus. It took me a while to get them all loaded on, and there were three bathroom stops along the way, but once we got to the park, everyone had a really good time. Mrs. Henley helped me unload all the food and drink through the emergency exit at the back of the bus, and she was thrilled when she saw the size of the tub of potato salad. While we were doing that, Mrs. Lieberman helped the others get settled at some picnic tables next to the pond. As Mrs. Kunkle was watching the ducks float by, she said she was happy to see something other than the front yard of the Birch Street Nursing Home, and the others agreed that it was nice to get away for a day. Bus driver Bill ate six hot dogs, which was not the day's record. Once Mrs. Henley finished off the potato salad, she had seven and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment