Friday, May 6, 2022

Fanny Mail: Another Follow-Up From Tanya Platt


Kiddies, I just received a new email from longtime fan Tanya Platt of Lawton, Oklahoma. As you'll recall, Tanya wrote to me recently about her new job at her local newspaper, where her first assignment was writing obituaries. Today Tanya writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, you asked me to keep you posted about my writing assignments. Well, today there was some unexpected drama at the grand opening of my town's new toy store. While the mayor was getting ready to cut the ribbon, a young child lost control of his skateboard and ended up running straight into the large pair of scissors the mayor was holding. So I ended up writing another obituary after all. Once the body was carted away and the blood was cleaned up, the store opened and the remaining children had a spectacular time."

Tanya, I'm so happy to hear that your new career is going well. Keep up the good work, Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment