Saturday, June 26, 2021

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home

When I got to the Birch Street Nursing Home this morning, I found Mr. Pearlman lying on the front lawn with his ankle bleeding. I asked him what happened. He asked me if Sniffles The Seventh was still there. I looked around, but didn't see any dogs. Mr. Pearlman wouldn't tell me any more, but just kept repeating that Sniffles was a bad dog. I cleaned him up as best I could and helped him up to his room. After I closed his door to let him rest, I saw Mr. Matthews in the hallway. He told me he witnessed the whole thing from his window, and invited me into his room so that he could fill me in. There was a stray dog barking out front, Mr. Matthews told me, and he pointed to the spot from his window. Soon he saw Mr. Pearlman stumble outside without his walking cane. The dog came right over to him, but when Mr. Pearlman tried to grab it by its collar and drag it inside, the dog bit him and then ran away. Mr. Matthews offered to reenact the whole thing if I would play the part of Mr. Pearlman, but I told him that wasn't necessary. Mr. Pearlman's ordeal was the talk of the poker club today. Mrs. Patterson said he just hasn't been the same since Sniffles The Seventh ran away, and wondered if it was time for him to get a new seeing eye dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment