Monday, February 1, 2021

Fanny Mail: A Question From An Appreciative Parent


Kiddies, I love hearing from my fans, especially when they tell me how my advice has helped them. Today I received a delightful email from Darlene Crupe of Chickasaw, Alabama. Darlene writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, my husband and I are big fans of your blog. And we especially appreciate your tips that help us save money. Your Christmas tip about telling children that Santa Claus wouldn't be coming because chimneys are a hot spot for the coronavirus saved us a bundle. We have five children. My husband and I decided to use the money we saved to go on a trip. There are so many places we'd like to visit, but haven't had the time or money because of the children. We've narrowed the choices down to two places: Hawaii and Alaska. My husband says that if we can figure out a way to avoid buying the children birthday gifts as well, we can take both trips. Do you have any advice for us?"

Well, Darlene, one option is for each child on his or her birthday to pick from the toys of your other children. One toy from each of the kids would mean four gifts. Another option is to bring back the free brochures and toiletries from the hotels where you stay on your trips and give those as gifts. Or if you take photos during your travels, print them out and give those to your children. It will also make them feel like they were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment