Friday, January 1, 2021

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home: New Year's Edition


Last night the members of the poker club were determined to stay up until midnight to see in the New Year. But by 7 p.m., they were already starting to fall asleep right there at the poker tables. I knew they were not going to make it to midnight, and so at 8 p.m., when they were all nodding off, I turned the clock in the activity room to 11:59 and woke them up for the countdown to midnight. They celebrated for a few moments, then went upstairs to bed. Today the talk at the poker tables was all about how they stayed up late and yet felt bright-eyed and alert today. I am glad I remembered to set the clock back to the correct time before leaving last night. Otherwise, they might have caught on this morning. Some of the patients even talked about staying up late tonight too, but they were all asleep before I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment