Saturday, November 30, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Yesterday I had the day off from school and used the time to look for a new dress for Mrs. Henley to replace the one I used to put out the fire a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't find one big enough and in a pattern that she would like, so instead I purchased bed sheets with large, bright flowers on them, and will sew the dress together myself. At the Birch Street Nursing Home today, I held a fire drill so that everyone will be prepared in case Mr. Pearlman tries to cook again. It took forty-five minutes to get the patients out of the building. Part of the problem was Mrs. Patterson, who did not want to leave her room, saying that the fire drill was a trick by Mrs. Shimshack to lure the patients outside so she could go in and steal everyone's possessions. Also, Mrs. Macmillan didn't hear the bell I rang, so I wrote "Fire!" on a piece of paper and held it up to her face. That worked. The only one left in the building was Hazel, who wouldn't move from her chair. Forty-five minutes is a long time for a fire drill. I think by the end of the year we can get that time down to thirty-five.

No comments:

Post a Comment