Saturday, July 13, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today there was trouble at the Birch Street Nursing Home. When I was making my rounds this morning, distributing medicine, I discovered that Mrs. Lowe was missing and all her belongings were gone. I learned from Mrs. Kunkle that Mrs. Lowe had spent the night in the activity room, and had been declaring she was going home to her son in the morning. Realizing that Mrs. Lowe couldn't have gone too far, I acted quickly. I handed Mrs. Henley the rest of the medicine to distribute to the other patients, and divided up my other chores. I recruited Mrs. Kunkle to do all the cleaning. I asked Mr. Oliveras to repair the broken handrail on the stairs. I gave everyone at least one task, except for Hazel, Mr. Matthews, and Mrs. Patterson. However, Mrs. Patterson volunteered to keep an eye out for Mrs. Shimshack in case she returned. I was about to explain to her that we were looking for Mrs. Lowe, not Mrs. Shimshack, but time was too short for a lengthy discussion. I rushed out the door and began my search. It took me nearly all day, but I finally caught up to Mrs. Lowe outside of a gas station. She told me she was having trouble finding her son's house without her glasses. I told her she had to return to the Birch Street Nursing Home, but she refused. After spending several minutes trying to change her mind, I agreed to guide her to her son's house, and a few hours later we were back at the Birch Street Nursing Home. By that time, Mrs. Lowe was so tired that she put up no fuss at being tricked and went right up to her room. The other patients were already asleep. A quick look around told me that they all did an excellent job with their assigned tasks. Even the handrail was fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment