Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fanny Mail: A Question From Meadville


Among the many letters I've received in the past few weeks is one from Sharon Gagich of Meadville, Pennsylvania. Sharon writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I've noticed that after my neighbor tucks her children into bed each night, she leaves her house and goes across the street to visit a friend. I've discovered that she also leaves her door unlocked at these times. Usually she's gone only twenty minutes, but one night this week she was gone for nearly an hour. Sometimes I keep an eye on her children while she's gone, but I'm not always able to do that. Should I alert the authorities?"

Well, Sharon, I would hesitate before involving the authorities, particularly as this is a situation in your own neighborhood. Once they poke their noses into something, they are often reluctant to let it go, and may return to follow up with more questions, which might prove inconvenient for you.  Instead, keep up with your surveillance, but don't worry about those nights when you're unable to watch the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment