Monday, June 17, 2013

Fanny Mail: A Question About Feelings




Hi, Kiddies! I am always tickled pink to answer letters from fans. This weekend I received a letter from Ivy Lee of Monterey Park, California.

Ivy writes, “Dear Grandmother Winsome, I always feel bad when I hit someone with my car. But today’s little mishap was certainly due to no fault of mine. I made a right turn, and the old man was just standing there in the middle of the street. So of course I hit him. Yet I still feel bad. How do I put an end to these uncomfortable feelings so that I can get on with my day?”

Ivy, I think a lot of people feel guilty about things over which they have no control. Often these feelings pass on their own. But of course they don’t pass quickly enough. I find that a little whiskey does the trick. You might even try drinking at the start of the day, before you go out. That way, you may be able to avoid bad feelings altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment