Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Fanny Mail: A Bumpy Start, But A Promising Future


Today I got an email from Josh Perez, a fan in San Antonio, Texas. Josh writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I have been a fan of your blog for several years, especially your Legal Advice. Studying your tips gave me the confidence to finally attempt a job this past weekend. But in my excitement I made several mistakes. After I got home, I started thinking of all the things I did wrong, and decided to go back and fix what I could. The first thing I did was collect the tools I'd left behind. Also, I had started to sweat partway through the job and so had taken my hat off and left it on top of the safe. I retrieved that too. Then I wiped the surfaces free of my fingerprints and emptied the packet of hair I'd collected from the barbershop onto the floor, which in my haste I had forgotten to do earlier. I felt better after fixing those mistakes, but I'm still not sure if I'm cut out for this. What do you think, Grandmother?"

Sweetie, while normally I would caution people against returning to the scene of a crime, in this instance, I think you did yourself a service. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes when starting out. And obviously you've learned from yours. I'm sure next time you won't be as nervous, and won't make as many mistakes. Keep at it, and keep reading my Legal Advice, and before you know it, you'll be in an out of those places without a speck of evidence left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment