Saturday, November 27, 2021

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


I decided to hold a fire drill today at the Birch Street Nursing Home. Even though it had been a long time since our last drill, I thought this one would go quickly because there are fewer patients alive now and no one had to carry out Hazel. I didn't announce it was a drill, and pretended there really was a fire. But things went wrong right from the start. When I blew the whistle, Sniffles The Eighth was startled and bit Mr. Pearlman. Mrs. Patterson managed to barricade herself in her room and swore that Mrs. Shimshack was not going to take her last few possessions. Mrs. Henley took a long time because she kept going back inside to save more food. Mr. Matthews also took a long time, and when I went to his room to check on him, he was under his bed searching for a certain children's catalogue. It took more than an hour, and when I finally got everyone outside, Mr. Smith was already arriving with the girls. So I quickly announced it was just a drill and told everyone to go back inside. Mr. Matthews looked relieved. Later I noticed that not all the food made it back onto the pantry shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment