Saturday, July 25, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


On Monday Mrs. Lieberman told me that poker dealers always count their cards at the end of the day to make sure the deck is full, and that no players walked away with an ace or two. Well, today when I was counting the cards, I found that I was one short. When I told Mrs. Lieberman that the 4 of Clubs was missing, she told me to check with each of the players that had been at my table. I asked them all to check their pockets, but none of them had the card. However, they all wanted to join in the search. After an hour without any luck, Mrs. Henley suggested just making a 4 of Clubs out of an index card. But right then Mrs. Lowe shouted out that she had found the missing card. It was in the box for one of the jigsaw puzzles which she and Mr. Oliveras had been putting together while the other players took bathroom breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment