Saturday, January 11, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today at the Birch Street Nursing Home, a new patient arrived unexpectedly. I was down in my basement laboratory and didn't hear the knock on the door. It was Mrs. Patterson's screams that got my attention. When I got upstairs, I saw a man and an old woman standing in the activity room. Mrs. Patterson was screaming that they were there to steal her possessions for Mrs. Shimshack. Sniffles The Seventh started barking at Mrs. Patterson, who then took a swipe at the dog with her magazine and ended up falling over. The man told me he liked my jacket. In my rush to get upstairs, I hadn't taken off the new lab coat that Grandmother gave me for Christmas, or even my rubber gloves. Before I could thank the man, Mr. Pearlman came into the room, shouting "I hear you, Sniffles!" He then tripped over the dog and landed on top of Mrs. Patterson, who began screaming all over again. The man then turned to the old woman and said, "I think you'll be very happy here, Mom." He introduced his mother to me, and moments later he was gone. The head nurse hadn't left me any instructions about what to do with this new patient, and so I left her on the most comfortable chair in the activity room with a note pinned to her sweater saying "Mrs. Lieberman."

No comments:

Post a Comment