Monday, May 6, 2013

Fanny Mail: A Work-Related Question


Hi, Kiddies! This weekend I received a letter from Phillip Murray of Bethesda, Maryland. 

Phillip writes: "Due to my updated status on the Megan's Law list, I find that I'm not welcome at my job on Bring-Your-Daughter-To-Work Day. That's fine. I can use the time off to surf the internet for cute girls. But now I've been informed I'm not getting paid for the day. What legal recourse do I have?"

Phillip, that certainly doesn't seem fair to me. If you're able and willing to go in to work that day, but can't because of their request, that is no mark against you. Though you have a good case, you probably don't want to take this to court, as that can be rather expensive. I suggest you simply shirk your duties on your next paid day. That should make you feel a bit better. And enjoy your day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment