Saturday, September 5, 2026

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today at the Birch Street Nursing Home, I continued my work on the robot seeing eye dog for Mr. Pearlman. I finished building the legs and attached them to the torso. But when I did a test run, it seemed that the legs on the left side were slightly shorter than the ones on the right, and so the dog veered off to the side after a few steps. I was happy to discover that all the legs were the same length, and that I had just attached the ones on the left at a highter spot on the torso, which was much easier to fix. The next step will be sculpting the dog's head. That will be such a big job that I decided to put it off until next week when I can get a fresh start. There was an hour left in my shift, enough time to join the patients for a few hands of poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment