Saturday, July 25, 2026
Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home
I was excited to get back to work on the robot seeing eye dog, so I arrived at the Birch Street Nursing Home a little early today. I immediately went down to my basement laboratory, and carefully took out the robot dog, which so far was just a battery and motor. Last week I had wrapped those parts in Mrs. Chang's old sweater to keep them safe. I started today by removing all the other spare robot maid parts that Grandmother had given me and organizing them on my workbench. Once I had separated all the parts into groups, I realized there were many components I would need to get. I decided to take a trip to the hardware store, and figured on the way out I could check on the patients. They were all standing at the door, looking outside through the window. When I asked them what they were looking at, the patients were startled. They said they were looking for me, and thought I'd been hit by a car. Mrs. Lieberman announced that since I had not been hit by car, they could start the poker game. I felt bad, so I played a few hands before telling the patients I had to run an errand. I promised them I would be careful and I wouldn't be gone long. On my way back, I picked up a box of doughnuts to share with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment